11 months ago
In users profile folder, you find a hidden file called NTUSER.DAT. This file contains the users registry settings/values and for example it can be useful when you need to get registry settings from a corrupt profile.
NTUSER.DAT will be found in the users profile folder (by default: C:\Users\% UserProfile%).
To export settings:
- Start the Registry Editor as administrator
- File> Load Hive> chose the NTUSER.DAT file and press Open
- Name the Hiven to the correct username. When you export the registry file it uses this name.
- Select the folder or setting you would like to save/export. Right click and choose Export.
- Import the registry file from Registry Editor when user is logged on.
You can easily adjust the username afterwards if you open the registry file you created with notepad. If you want to import the setting for multiple users change the “HKEY_USERS\username\” to “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\”.
Change from: [HKEY_USERS\linus.lysell\System\CurrentControlSet\Policies]